SRG PT Duct
SRG Global manufacture and supply zinc coated, spirally wound steel ducting for all types of applications. The corrugated duct is strong and bendable and allows for changes in profile not possible with PVC and other ducts. We also manufacture flat duct in a range of sizes and can custom-make solutions for particular customer requirements such as elbows.
The Slab Post-Tensioning System comprises high strength steel strands, up to six in number, placed inside flat ducting, typically anchored at one end by deforming the strand and casting it into the concrete then at the other end by means of a steel anchorage casting and anchor block(s) with gripping wedges.
After the concrete has reached it’s transfer strength, the individual strands have specified load applied. The duct is filled with a high strength cementitious grout mixture to ensure the system is bonded and corrosion protection is maintained in service.
Applications for the SRG Global Slab Post-Tensioning System include:
- Low to high rise residential and commercial buildings
- Industrial floor slabs on grade
- Transfer floor structures
- Water tank bases and walls
- Transverse stressing of bridge decks
Post-tensioning provides many benefits to a wide range of suspended structures.
These benefits include:
- Reduced construction cost
- Faster construction
- Water resistant properties
- Early formwork stripping
- Floor to floor height reduction
- Reduced foundation load
- Improved deflection control
- Greater column free areas
- Larger spans
- Greater loading capacity
Many types of suspended slab structures typically realise the benefits of post tensioning, such as:
- Apartment buildings
- Commercial office space
- Retail centres
- Vertical load transfer structures
- Storage facilities
- Public buildings such as stadiums,
exhibition centres, schools and
Different formwork systems are compatible with post-tensioning, namely:
- Conventional plywood systems
- Permanent metal deck systems
- Ribbed slabs
- Precast systems
SRG Global has many years of experience in the design and installation of post-tensioned suspended slabs and can bring measurable benefits to your project.