The Macalloy 1030 and S1030 post-tensioning bar systems are high strength with superior fatigue properties. The Macalloy Post Tension bar provides an ultimate yield strength of 1030 N/mm2.
The Macalloy Post Tension bar is available in diameters from 26½ to 75mm and lengths of up to 11.8m. Longer lengths can be achieved by joining bars together with couplers. Custom sizes are available on request.
The 1030 bar is a carbon chrome steel bar with high strength properties achieved by cold working or heat treatment.
The stainless-steel version (S1030) is a martensitic nickel-chrome alloy steel, hardened during the manufacturing process. Available in diameters 20 to 75mm and lengths of 6m. again, longer lengths can be achieved by joining bars together with couplers and custom sizes are available on request.
We can also supply a range of accessories including nuts, washers, end plates and ducts.
For corrosion protection, Macalloy can supply bars with a factory-applied Denso Tape. This is a grease-impregnated tape, which has technical and cost-saving benefits over traditional duct and grout solutions.
- Fatigue resistant thread.
- Ideal for pre-stress concrete construction.
- Threaded to suit your requirements (fully and end threaded).
- Can be cut to length on site.
- High impact resistance.
- Used for a variety of temporary and permanent constructions.
- Patented Macalloy thread allows low lock-off losses during stressing.
The lighter carbon and stainless bars are used in white weight canopy’s facades and suspended structures the high strength bars provide support for bridge decks in bolstering bridges the good fatigue properties of the bar an important design feature in road tram pedestrian bridges alike.
- Fatigue resistant rolled thread.
- Available in 460N/mm2, 520N/mm2 and now a 550N/mm2 strength for both carbon and stainless.
- All products compliant with ETA21/0053 and CE compliant.
- Bars and fittings can be supplied primed or painted and/or hot dipped galvanised to BS1461:2009.
- Bespoke fittings can be designed to suit customer applications.
- Technical literature is available with design calculations and loadings to EC3.
- Macalloy engineers are always available to help.
Architectural Compression Strut
The Macalloy Architectural Compression Strut provides an aesthetically pleasing long taper to each end of the compression strut.
The system uses the same fork end system as the Macalloy tension bar and cable systems, allowing for a successful combination of all three systems.
Available in either carbon, galvanised or stainless-steel finish, the Architectural Compression Strut comes complete with an adjustable locking collar that provides a seamless link (hiding the thread used to connect the fork) between the fork end and the strut.
Available in all major CHS (Circular Hollow Section) diameters from 33.7mm to 323.9mm. Custom
dimensions are available on request.
- Can be used in compression, tension and reverse loadings.
- An architectural alternative to steelwork.
- Adjustable system, allowing for site anomalies and ease of installation.
- Circular steel creating optimum strength.
Fixed Compression Strut
The Macalloy Fixed Compression Strut provides a cost-effective, architectural alternative to the standard finish applied to standard hollow tube sections.
The fork is designed with the same critical dimensions as the standard Macalloy fork end, which means it can be used in conjunction with other Macalloy systems.
The Macalloy Fixed Compression Strut is available in carbon steel as standard. A galvanised option is also available.
Standard sizes are available for CHS diameters 33.7mm to 323.9mm.
Larger sizes and stainless steel are available as special orders.
- Cost-effective CHS solution.
- Available in kit form on request.
- Available in a number of finishes.
- Compliments the rest of the Tension Structures range.
The Maccaloy sheet piling tie bar system is available in four different yield strengths from 460 to 700N/mm2. Thread diameters from M42 to M105 are available as standard, with larger thread diameters available as special orders.
- Ideal for use in retaining wall applications and marine environments.
- Cold rolled thread to reduce potential crack propagation.
- In-house application of Denso coating and protection.
- Variety of bespoke fittings to suit most applications.
Bars come in lengths of to 11.8 metres. Longer lengths can be achieved through the use of couplers, turnbuckles or other joints.
S650 is a natural development of the Macalloy bar systems, providing a high-quality, high-strength, fully-threaded stainless steel bar for use in geotechnical and concrete applications.
S650 combines the benefits of Macalloy coarse thread with the high durability and performance of stainless steel. It is available in sizes from 16mm to 50mm, ensuring that the full range of applications are covered.
The bar performs equally well as a rock bolt, soil nail, holding down bolt or mini pile.
Manufactured from high-strength stainless steel with a minimum characteristic yield strength of 650N/mm2, it is available in 316. The coarse thread has exceptional bond characteristics, which combine with the full-strength nuts to provide a high-capacity anchor system.
The durability of stainless steel is well-documented, Macalloy Stainless S650 really is a ‘fix and forget’ solution.
Macalloy’s unique manufacturing facilities allow this bar to be produced in standard 6m lengths. However, longer lengths may be available on request.
- Stainless-steel, fully-threaded, corrosion-resistant anchor for use as soil nail, rock bolts or ground anchor.
- Robust, cold-rolled thread prevents site damage during installation.
- High-strength 316 stainless steel providing exemplary corrosion resistance.
- Standard fittings in stainless steel, bespoke sizes available.
Sizes and Dimensions
|Mass per metre
|Minimum 0.2% proof
|Minimum falling load